AccuWeather Network Overview
The AccuWeather Network, the smarter choice in weather news and information, brings you 24/7 “All Weather, All the Time” programming with Superior Accuracy™ from the most trusted global brand in weather forecasting. The AccuWeather Network delivers a more localized, regionally-focused choice in weather programming. No other weather programming provider can offer the quick details viewers need to take less time planning and spend more time living.
A highly desired weather programming experience
Recent research conducted on the AccuWeather Network proved that consumers prefer the AccuWeather Network programming 16 to 1 when compared to weather related reality TV programming. The research also concluded that 82% of participants feel they need the AccuWeather Network in their channel line up while 87% feel AccuWeather Network is an important source of information during severe weather events.
The AccuWeather Network offers a unique viewer experience unmatched by its competitors. Features that deliver the most up-to-date weather news and information to AccuWeather Network viewers include:
- Local, regional and national forecasts with Superior AccuracyTM
- Expert meteorologist analysis of weather patterns detailing the why and how of the weather and the impact it will have on viewers
- Short term forecasts: today/tonight/tomorrow with details about temperature, precipitation, cloud coverage, wind speed and direction
- Regional video with meteorologist hosted segments in New York, Philadelphia, Boston and Washington, D.C. within the Verizon Fios footprint
- Severe weather videos from our team of storm chasers, allowing viewers to experience extreme storms
- 7-day outlook including high and low temperatures
- Most popular weather-related viral videos
- Live regional and national radar
- Travel analysis – weather impacts on air and ground travel
- Hyper-local features in the graphic L-bar
- MinuteCast® - minute-by-minute precipitation forecast updates
- Hourly temperature forecasts
- Wind speed and direction
- Local RealFeel® temperature
- 5-day local extended forecast
- UV Index1.